- Samsung Asia Pacific ex NZ Metaverse Theme ETF (“Sub-Fund”) is a sub-fund of Samsung ETFs Trust. The investment objective is to achieve long term capital growth by primarily investing in Asia Pacific region (excluding New Zealand) companies which engage in activities relating to or provide products, services or technologies that enable the development and operation of the Metaverse (the “Metaverse Business”). There can be no assurance that the Sub-Fund will achieve its investment objective.
- Investment involves risk, including the fluctuation of the price of the Sub-fund and the loss of investment principal. Historical performance does not indicate future performance.
- The Sub-Fund could be subject to certain key risks such as Investment risk; Active investment management risk; Equity market risk; Novel concept risk；Risks related to companies involved in Metaverse Business (including Limited operating history risk; Changes in technology risk; Governmental intervention risk; Regulatory risk and intellectual property risk; Significant capital investment risk; Cyberattack risk; Impact from other related sectors risk, etc.); Sector concentration risk; Geographical concentration risk; PRC related risks; Stock Connect risks; QFI regime risk; BSE, ChiNext market and/or STAR Board risks (including Higher fluctuation on stock prices and liquidity risk; Over-valuation risk; Differences in regulation; Delisting risk; Risk associated with transfer of listing for stocks listed on the BSE; Concentration risk; Significant investment losses risk, etc.); Emerging markets risk; Risks associated with ADRs; Currency risk; Renminbi (“RMB”) currency and conversion risk; Securities lending transactions risk; Distributions out of or effectively out of capital risks; Trading risks; Trading differences risk; Reliance on the Manager risk; Reliance on market maker risk; Termination risk, etc. Please note that the above listed investment risks are not exhaustive. Investors should refer to the prospectus, product key facts statement and other relevant documents of the Sub-Fund for details, including the product features, risk factors and distribution policy. Investors should not base on this material alone to make investment decisions.
- The Manager may at its discretion pay distributions out of capital, or effectively out of capital, of the Sub-Fund, amounting to a return or withdrawal of part of an investor’s original investment or from any capital gains attributable to that original investment, resulting in an immediate reduction of the NAV per unit.
- The product has been authorized by the Securities and Futures Commission (“SFC”). Authorization by the SFC does not imply official recommendation. This material is for reference only and does not constitute an offer or suggestion of any transaction in any products. This material is prepared by Samsung Asset Management (Hong Kong) Limited and has not been reviewed by the SFC. If you are in any doubt about the content of this material, please refer to the prospectus, product key facts statement and other relevant documents for details, and seek for independent financial advice when necessary.
Metaverse ETF framework
Click here to know more about What is Metaverse?
Comprehensive analysis & regular monitoring
- Adopts Top Down Approach to choose around 40 – 60 companies with Metaverse related concepts in Asia Pacific (ex New Zealand) into the ETF
- Both quantitative and qualitative analysis are used during research processes
- Regular Review
- Research team holds regular meeting to review the portfolio. Rebalancing will be carried out if needed
- Maintaining a relatively balanced approach in having multiple leading companies in each metaverse category, and multiple countries to achieve better diversification
Why choosing Samsung Asia Pacific ex NZ Metaverse Theme ETF
- First actively managed APAC Metaverse ETF in Hong Kong
- As of 31 May 2022, Asia Pacific focus which the valuation is nearly record low
- Lower risk with multiple country diversification comparing with single country/region
- Valuation of Greater China tech sector in 2022 is at multi year low. It may be an entry point for investors to consider, as regulation risks are expected to be lower in 2022
- The ETF provides additional alpha comparing with generic technology index
- Including many metaverse companies with strong earnings outlook outside of traditional technology index. Samsung Asset Management (HK) research team expects metaverse sector to offer better alpha over the tech index for next 5-10 years
 Source: Bloomberg, as of 16 Jun 2022
 Source: Bloomberg, as of 31 May 2022. Investment involves risk, including the fluctuation of the price of the Sub-fund and the loss of investment principal. Historical performance does not indicate future performance.
 Source: Samsung Asset Management (HK) Limited, as of 16 Jun 2022
Top 10 Holdings of Model Portfolio
|Company Name||Listing Place|
|SONY GROUP CORP||Japan|
|TAIWAN SEMICONDUCTOR MANUFAC||Taiwan|
|TENCENT HOLDINGS LTD||Hong Kong|
|ALIBABA GROUP HOLDING LTD||Hong Kong|
|GOERTEK INC -A||China|
|JD.COM INC - CL A||Hong Kong|
|SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO LTD||Korea|
|SUNNY OPTICAL TECH||Hong Kong|
Source: Samsung Asset Management (HK) Limited, as of 16 Jun 2022